Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tron, Sweet Potatoes, and Reawakenings

So yes to begin first I would like to say that I loved the original Tron even before there was a hint of the Tron Legacy. But when I found out that the movie was around and coming out, man I was pumped! It's beautiful and Daft Punk's work is breathtaking. I called it shiny awesome to one of my friends and it is. Go see it with no expectations. Going into a movie like that or any movie rather with some sort of expectations only sets one up for failure and dislike.

On the healthier side of things, I am so much more focused on getting to the rest of my goal. But I've had to come to terms with the fact that food was such an outlet for most if not all of my stressors. Because of this, my relationship with food and everything that surrounds it has become skewed. Over the past year it has only gotten better and I'm realizing that I need to let things go and deal with stress with other options. Writing, creating art, even cooking healthy meals has become a way of doing this. Reconnecting and actually connecting with friends that I chose to close off from for a long time have only helped. Sweet potatoes are apart of this, surprisingly as it is something that I have begun to CRAVE and want like no one's business. Lol Oh well, cupcake craving or sweet potatoes? I'll take the latter thank you.

As I'm on this journey of reshaping my body it has only dawned on my how much it has been reshaping my entire existence and the things that I have suppressed within me. The things in my life that I tried to deny, i.e. my love of traveling, giving, and actually wanting to connect are finally being allowed to shine. So much had held me back but I'm realizing that the words where there is fear there is no faith are so true. I'm being reawakened to beauty and that I have it. That I actually can be beautiful in my eyes. I'm being reawakened to the fact that I am a passionate person and that isn't a bad thing. I could go on with the things I'm discovering about myself. I like discipline more than I ever thought. I truly do care about my appearance and yes, out of all of this, suddenly it has dawned on me that I can be a priority and it not be selfish. I never thought all of this would be connected but the confidence that I'm beginning to rediscover but in a fresh and new way, is permanent. And real. I'm beginning to see glimpses of the real me and I have to admit I'm excited to me her. Hello my name is Trina. ^_^

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Trina! *waves* How awesome, and yes I would definitely choose the sweet potatoes. Yum.

    Keep at it, you've already conquered the mountain, it's just keeping a steady pace from now on.

    ReplyDelete