Saturday, January 29, 2011

You know it's going to be okay

And for some odd reason I know that it is. I've been looking at this whole exercise thing wrong for the last few weeks because I've been in a panic about gaining weight back. It seems whenever I am close to achieving a major goal that I kind of feel I can celebrate by going back to my old way of thinking. Mindsets are definitely a hard thing to break free from, especially if they have been unhealthy patterns. I really want to sit here and type this admitting that I'm not perfect but for the first time in weeks its alright for me to be sitting here getting back in the game and willingly admitting that I fell out of it. Small compromises are huge in the long run because they effect your game plan and the goals that you would want to achieve. For me it's been eating. Now activity is huge on my list but eating has connected to me in a way that is so unhealthy. I used it to solve my problems, sooth and relax me, food has been a drug to me. It's serious because over the past few years this is when the issue has become most evident.

I'm embarking on this new journey of self-discovery and really becoming honest with me. And you know for the first time in years making it about me. I know my path and my decisions aren't for everyone and that's okay. I love you no less but when it comes to me being healthy there will be no 'I'll do it tomorrow'. I started today. This journey about me and for me is going to be amazing and I'm finally showing up to my life. It's about time.

No comments:

Post a Comment